Alexandra L. Adame, PhD
Alexandra L. Adame, Ph.D.
Alexandra L. Adame is an Assistant Professor of Psychology at Seattle University. She earned her doctorate at Miami University in Oxford, Ohio. Her research interests include the psychiatric survivor movement, psychosis and schizophrenia, existentialism, Martin Buber, first-person madness narratives, qualitative inquiry, and researcher reflexivity.
- Adame, A. L., & Leitner, L. M. (in press). Dialogical constructivism: Martin Buber痴 enduring relevance to psychotherapy. Journal of Humanistic Psychology.
- Adame, A. L., Leitner, L. M., & Knudson, R. M. (in press). A poetic epiphany: Explorations of aesthetic forms of representation. Qualitative Research in Psychology.
- Adame, A. L., Pavlo, A. J., Smith, B. M., Schielke, H. J., & Leitner, L. M. (2009). Reflexivity, research, and practice: Explorations in experiential personal construct psychotherapy. In R. Butler (Ed.), On reflection: Emphasizing the personal in personal construct theory (pp. 375-388). Chichester, UK: Wiley.
- Adame, A. L. & Leitner, L. M. (2009). Reverence and recovery: Experiential personal construct psychotherapy and transpersonal reverence.
Journal of Constructivist Psychology, 22, 253-267.
- Adame, A. L., & Leitner, L. M. (2008). Breaking out of the mainstream: The evolution of peer support alternatives to the mental health system. Ethical Human Psychology and Psychiatry, 10, 146-162.
- Adame, A. L., & Knudson, R. M. (2008). Recovery and the good life: How psychiatric survivors are revisioning the healing process. Journal of Humanistic Psychology, 48, 142-164.
- Adame, A. L., & Knudson, R. M. (2007). Beyond the counter-narrative: Exploring alternative narratives of recovery from the psychiatric survivor movement. Narrative Inquiry, 17, 157-178.
- Leitner, L. M., & Adame, A. L. (2007, August 8). Mainstream alternative treatments of
emotional distress [Review of the book Complementary and alternative treatments in mental health care.]. PsycCRITIQUES佑ontemporary Psychology: APA Review of Books, 52 (No. 32).
- Knudson, R. M., Adame, A. L., & Finocan, G. M. (2006). Significant dreams: Repositioning the self narrative. Dreaming, 16, 215-222.
- Smith, B. M., & Adame, A. L. (2006). Qualitative research methods for psychologists: Introduction through empirical studies [book review]. The Humanistic Psychologist, 34, 299-302.
- Adame, A. L., & Hornstein, G. A. (2006). Representing madness: How are subjective experiences of emotional distress presented in first-person accounts? The Humanistic Psychologist, 34, 135-158.