Charles L. Arnold, J.D.
Charles L. Arnold, J.D.
Chick Arnold specializes in mental health and elder law, serving clients with disabilities and the elderly. Since 2002, he has been a member of the law firm Frazer Ryan Goldberg & Arnold. Chick was formerly the Maricopa County Public Fiduciary, where he was guardian and conservator of approximately 600 adults within Maricopa County, Arizona, and was the named plaintiff in a class action lawsuit to assert the rights of the mentally ill in Arizona. He serves as a judge and commissioner pro temore in the Maricopa County Superior Court, Probate Division, is the former Chairman of the State Bar of Arizona Section on Mental Health and Elder Law, and frequently writes and speaks about a wide range of issues unique to his practice.
Chick has so dedicated his practice to the legal needs of individuals with mental illnesses and other disabilities such that it was once noted "Chick is to the mentally ill of Arizona what Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. was to African Americans during the Civil Rights Movement."
- University of Arizona College of Law - J.D. 1970 (with honors)
- State University of New York at Buffalo - B.S. 1967 (with honors)
- Estate and Trust Advisory Council, State Bar of Arizona, 1998-Present
- National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys, 1996-Present
- PLAN of Arizona, Board of Directors, 1994-Present
- Arizona Fiduciary Association, 1980-Present
- Arizona Bar Foundation FELLOW, 1988-Present
- Mental Health Association of Maricopa County, Board of Directors, 1981-Present
- Fiduciary Advisory Committee, Arizona Supreme Courts, 1999-2000
- Committee to Study Family Issues, Arizona Supreme Court, 1999
- Alternatives to Guardianship Committee, 1998-1999
- Governing Council, State Bar of Arizona Mental Health & Elder Law
- Council for Jews with Special Needs, 1992-1995
- State Bar Committee on Inter-professional Relationships, 1990-1992
- Governor\'s Special Task Force on the Seriously Mentally Ill, 1989-1990
- Children\'s Council for Behavioral Health, 1988-1989
- Task Force for Diversion from Prosecution of the Chronically Mentally Ill, 1986-1989
- Garden Park Enterprises, Inc, 1984-1987
- Community Council Task Force on Homeless, 1985
- Arizona Women Lawyers Association, 1978-Present
- Chairman, Task Force on Mental Health Services, Maricopa County Superior Courts, 2001-Present
- Co-Chairman, State Bar of Arizona Section on Mental Health and Elder Law, 1997-1998
- Chairman, Children\'s Council for Behavioral Health, Intergovernmental Agreement Committee
- Chairman, State Bar of Arizona Committee on Mental Health Services, 1984-1985
- Past President, Arizona Fiduciary Association
- Commissioner, The Arc of Arizona
Guardianship Committee, 1984-1988
- Past Vice President & Board Member, Mental Health Association of Maricopa County
- Board Member, Mentally Ill Kids in Distress, 1998-Present
- Past President & Board Member, Garden Park Enterprises, Inc.